Okay, so June was the most busy month all year so far! After going to school for the first week of June, our kids finally finished the school year (Hallelujah)! I think I was more excited to have summer break than the kids! No schedules, no homework, more housework, and more help overall was what I was excited about having them home!!! And it has been so great! I have loved having a more relaxed schedule and seeing the kids really step up in their chores and progress in their piano and bike riding because we have more time!! So far, it's been everything that I've hoped for, and although this month was still so busy, it was mostly busy at home, with my own schedule and the kids are happy!
We moved Kaylee into Macy's room this month so we could free up the nursery for the new baby. The girls are darling sleeping together in a full size bed, but they are hard to get to sleep! I hope this gets easier before baby comes! They just giggle so much together and Kaylee will climb out of bed and such. The one good thing, is that Kaylee finally wakes up in the morning peacefully! Her whole life she would cry excessively loud in the mornings and wake up grumpy. Now she has someone else to get up with and I think she likes that.
Pregnancy wise, I'm a bit more tired, but luckily I get to rest most anytime I need to, since my kids can play inside together fairly well, and we don't have to be anywhere. And I haven't had any problem with getting too hot except for the last two days of June with 93 degree weather, which seemed pretty tough! No air conditioning in our house! Everything is a bit harder physically too now, I'm not in too much pain, but I can feel it's coming! The swelling is starting to get bad with this heat.
I was in charge of Sharing time in Primary for the whole month of June again, and I'm so glad it's over for a while now! Planning lessons every week was yet another thing to do and stress about, but I am grateful for the experience, because now I stress less before giving lessons and I feel more comfortable in front of people than before. We all are taking turns on different months to give lessons, and now that I'm seven months pregnant, we've planned for me to take on less stressful responsibilities and even have a break when the baby comes. I've worked really hard as much as needed early on this year, and I'm grateful to now still help out, just with easier things. I really enjoy serving in the Primary!
Dan and I were asked to give a presentation to a leadership group of teenagers this month, and while that added more stress for a while, we had a wonderful time speaking and teaching this group when it came down to it! Dan and I like being together and do well teaching together also. The kids wrote us very personalized thank you notes afterward saying how much they learned about themselves and enjoyed the evening, and it made it that much more worth it to us! It was a good opportunity!
This month we also enjoyed going to a Nerf Super Soaker party for House Party that my friend Hannah put on! Oh the kids had a blast playing with their friends, getting soaked, attacking Dad with the super soakers, and eating snacks! It was a nice warm day, and perfect for this party!
We of course also celebrated Father's Day, Dan's birthday, and my birthday! The most memorable moment for Father's Day, I think, was when we were bringing breakfast in bed to Dan. Kaylee was so excited to give Dad his ice cold water, that she stole it from Carter and in the process, poured it all over Dad in bed, right around his neck! It was so funny, cause she was just trying her best to help!
Bad Law
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment