Monday, July 6, 2009

A Baby Shower for Chelsey

A week ago Saturday, I threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Chelsey who is having a baby boy in a few weeks. It was a really fun outlet for me to get away from doing the same old mundane things in my life, so I really enjoyed planning it. Right now Trey goes to a summer preschool once a week for two hours and the same place has a day care that I started taking Carter to during those same two hours. So I drop both Trey and Carter off for two hours once a week and Macy and I got to run errands and go shopping for the things we needed for the shower. So Fun! So here are some pictures of the shower.

My mother in law made this quilt


Cute letters of the baby's name to put on his wall. (Payton)


Of course Macy gets to stay with me while I host baby showers and attend other showers. We always send the boys away though.





Dan likes to add his touch to every occasion and this is how he decided to help me decorate.

It was really cute and clever.


We had yummy food for the shower, including cheesecake squares (which I made for the first time), chocolate covered strawberries (also a first for me) and a veggie tray. Louise brought the powdered brownies and the banana slush to help with the refreshments. Everything was so tasty.

I think we are all ready for Payton to come now.

1 comment:

The Olligschlager Family said...

So cute! I love "Dan's touch". It is so great that there will be a new cousin for you guys to play with!