Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth of July

It was a beautiful day on the fourth this year. We started out the day with a pancake breakfast that was being held at our church building. I had been prepping the kids about our activities for the day and Trey was excited to go eat pancakes. As we drove up to the church building Trey protested, "What?! This place only has bread and water!"

After the delicious breakfast we went to the Rexburg parade to see all the floats and collect candy. Trey was invited to ride one of the floats this year, but he thought it would be much more fun watching the parade, and racing to pick up the candy they threw. We went with Devry and Chelsey and also sat by John and Becky Hymas and all of their family.



I love this picture

Carter was a handful. We were glad to have help keeping this curious two year old out of the street. He thinks he is just like all the big kids.



Trey goofing off. We had a good time and then went home for naps and then to my in laws house for a huge barbecue lunch! Our kids were exhausted and so we totally skipped out on fireworks this year, but all in all, it was a great day celebrating our country.

4 comments:

Kimberly Cone said...

Trey's comment is hilarious! I am still laughing.

Chelsey Hymas said...

Trey is so funny! I am really impressed you got Devry to pose for a picture... he won't for me (without making some goofy face or something). The 4th was a ton of fun! We love spending time with you guys and are so excited that Payton will have cousins so close!

lisa h. said...

looks fun. that is so funny about the bread & water!

RPH said...

How did I not see you guys? I was on the other end of John and Beckys family! I missed you.

Those pictures look great. The parade was a lot of fun this year....but man it was long!