Well, lately I've been trying to prepare everything for the baby's arrival and for sure I can feel my body preparing for it more and more with each new day. We are hoping to have the baby this weekend, even though my due date isn't until 2 1/2 more weeks. That is Feb. 1st, and I can't believe that February is coming up so quickly!
Anyway, the last couple of days I've been thinking about how wonderful it is that I get to stay home with my kids and be their mother, nurturer, and someone whom they can count on as constantly being there for them no matter what happens. Both of my boys have had a few scrapes and bruises lately, and I love that they always come to me for comfort, even if it only hurt their pride! I remember I few times as a child, where I was hurt, and for the reason of being at school or someone else's house, I felt scared and timid not being in my own mother's/father's arms. Trey had a fever two nights ago and has been sick throwing up all last night and this morning, and although I'm not so thrilled that I've lost sleep and cancelled plans the last few days, I'm glad that I can be the one at his side helping him feel as good as he can while he has to endure this awful flu bug.
So even though, motherhood and being a homemaker can be a bit redundant doing the every day things over and over again, I am grateful that I am lucky enough to raise my children as their primary caregiver, and love them like no one else could (except for Dan). As I near the end of my pregnancy, I am tired and moving slower (mostly with pain), I can feel that I am almost at the end of my ropes, and can't wait to have a break and be cared for by my mother!
Bad Law
14 years ago

1 comment:
very well put. i feel like that with nolan right now. when he is cryng i go pick him up and he is totally comforted. i'm glad i can be that comfort for my kids. i often think, okay, this is what i signed up for...cancelling my day to take a sick child to the doctor or to not shush them away when i'm talking to a friend and to give them each personal attention etc.
Post a Comment