Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas 2008


We had a lot of fun this Christmas spending lots of time with family and having fun. Christmas Eve was nice as we went to Devry and Chelsey's house for yummy homemade Chinese food!

Trey loved playing Nintendo with Uncle Tim and decorating cookies with Uncle Devry.

Carter loved eating the cookies best, and playing with cousin Kaden.
Thanks Grandma for the yummy cookies!
At home, we started a new tradition with our little family and opened up new pj's for everyone.

It was really fun to see Trey's excitement that night and the next morning. On Christmas we opened our stockings and gifts, and although Carter loved all of the new toys and candy, he wasn't quite into unwrapping the gifts. So Trey opened most of them, and it was his pleasure.

We spent that afternoon and next few days with Dan's side of the family and opened yet more gifts and played in the snow.
We also made a little time for naps!

The day after Christmas, Dan and I bought a 2006 Trailblazer that we love, and now Dan thinks he has the bragging rights to tell everyone that he bought his wife a new car for Christmas! Anyway, we are happy to have four wheel drive on both of our vehicles now, plus more seats for our growing family. Hope you all had a nice Christmas and New Year celebration.

5 comments:

Chelsey Hymas said...

It was so fun to all be together for Christmas. Devry and I also give each other PJ's on Christmas eve, and will keep doing that with our kids. I think its a great tradition! We love getting to spend time with you guys, and absolutely adore your cute little boys!!

lisa h. said...

looks so fun! we've yet to have any real snow to play in. i bought evan some snow pants yesterday in hope that we get some.

the herd said...

My husband, Nathan is one of the fifty grandkids and after seeing Penny's blog I ran into yours. I remember seeing your little guys at the funeral and said out loud to Doug, "boy, we can all tell those little guys are a Hymas!" You have a nice family.

Janelle said...

Hey Rachelle it looks like you had a great Christmas. I saw your comment on my sisters' blog and had to take a peek. Your kids are darling!

Your cousin Janelle.

I blog at www.janelles.wordpress.com

RPH said...

Yea! I found your blog! Whoo hoo!
I love the first picture. Is your tree all blocked off with tables?
I will keep checking back on you guys. Be sure and tell Dan he is in charge of the blog for a few weeks after the baby is born, and he better not dissapoint!!