Friday, December 19, 2008

"He's Making a List, and Checking it Twice"

Well we are all excited for Christmas less than one week away, and we're trying to stay on Santa's "Good Boys and Girls List". We haven't taught Trey much about Santa stories yet, but he is learning them somewhere. He fell down the other day and hurt himself, so he started crying. As I was comforting him, he started crying a little more and I asked him what was wrong. He stammered, " Santa is going to be mad at me because I'm crying!" And as for writing a letter to Santa? Trey thinks it would be much easier to call Santa on mommy's cell phone. So now we have told him a few things about Santa and his reindeer, and he is quite amazed and keeps asking how Santa is going to come down our "chim". He is a cute kid along with our sweetie pie Carter, so I took some pictures of them today by the tree while we listened to Christmas music.

Trey showing off his Rudolf rootbeer he made at preschool. Trey is doing surprisingly well staying away from the gifts and waiting until Christmas to open any. I had figured Trey would at least try to sneak a peek at a few gifts by now, but really the only one that's giving me trouble is Dad!

Usually I have three coffee tables surrounding the tree because Carter loves to get his hands on those ornaments. He has put dents in only a few, but we also made sure to buy the shatter proof kind as we suspected this to happen.


This tree did not come pre-lit, but now has 900 lights on it, thanks to my professional christmas lighting expert of a husband. I was a little nervous about the huge task of lighting this tree when I saw how full the branches were, but Dan did an awesome job! The photo doesn't give it justice.

Still trying to get a decent picture of them both sitting down. NOT easy.


This is just a funny picture showing what everyday is like when Dad is home. The kids can't get enough of him and have to be doing whatever he is doing. Looks like fun.

1 comment:

The Olligschlager Family said...

Hey gal! Thanks for helping my family! You are totally awesome.

I also love the photo pf your feet on the upper part of the page. That is a great idea!