Sunday, June 30, 2013

Baby #5 Gender Reveal!

On the day that we found out what if our baby was a boy or girl, we decided to have a little fun with it!  Everybody in our family wore either a blue or pink shirt depending on if they thought the baby was a boy or girl.  Trey and Kaylee were sporting pink shirts that day, and Carter, Macy, and I were wearing blue.  Dan cheated and was wearing a pink and blue checkered shirt so he'd be right no matter what. :)

Dan and I found out that our 5th baby is a girl and I was more shocked than he was.  I probably was more excited as well, because I just think that I am so lucky to be given the chance to have three of them all in a row, so they can be close friends!  And I wasn't ready to put away all the little dresses and bows quite yet!  I love having had the boys together and now the girls, they are interested in all the same stuff and are best friends with their same gender sibling!  

Before we came home and told the children, we stopped by the store and bought some candy and put it in a brown paper bag.  We told the kids that if they found blue candy, then our baby was a boy and red candy would mean it was a girl.  This was really fun to do for them and the pictures below show their excitement for the news!


waiting for us to say "go"...


Trey of course was the first to pull everything out and share his excitement...Grandma Hymas was there babysitting for us, and at this point she looked pretty surprised at the news as well!



Such a fun day!!

No comments: