Saturday, January 2, 2010

Laying Low

(Sorry this is such a novel)  So....today I've been laying low, because I need it.  For about three and half months I've been extremely fatigued with minimal amounts of energy to take care of my family and myself.  Just before I moved into my new house, late September, it was getting harder and harder for me to keep up my excersize regimine (I noticed that I was sooo tired and yelling at my kids all day cause I had no energy left for patience after expending it during a work out), and I finally stopped excersizing the week before our move because I needed all the time I could get to pack up the house.   I was running on adrenaline unpacking, and keeping a super clean house and loved it, until another fatigue/emotional storm came again. 
        I have always needed a good cry about once a month but throughout my child bearing years, these moments have slowly been showing up more often.  The moment I was pregnant with Macy I had to have a major cry about every two weeks.  Most of you probably know what I'm talking about- when you just are so imbalanced inside that crying just seems to numb you or bring balance back.  Sometimes you know what you are crying about but most of the time I didn't and I was just too tired that my body would need a cry because of exhaustion.  I always found something to blame it on, after Carter was born, we didn't sleep for eight months, I get extremely tired every time when pregnant, and after having my babies also.   So by Sept and Oct of 2009, Macy was 8 and 9 months old, and had been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old, and I was sleeping completely through the nights, at least 8 hours  and was still so fatigued every day that I could not function if I didn't have a two hour nap still, EVERY DAY.  I was also starting to have a crying session every week almost.  I mean, I would celebrate if I had gone two weeks without crying and I never even had a reason to cry, my life is so blessed!  So, I had been thinking about getting a bio scan from Dr. Destin Thayne here in Rexburg for a while and after the move, I called in for an appt.  I was shocked when they didn't have any time for me to come in for a whole month, but I scheduled anyway.  October was when I started noticing that I was abnormally getting more and more physically tired, not just sleepy.  Our family got a flu bug and my body was at an all time low.  After, I couldn't keep up with normal everyday chores, I could ONLY feed  and put diapers on my kids, and even doing that was a big deal.  The rest of the day I was laying on the couch and my bed.  There was a time that I was driving Trey  to preschool and I began to not trust myself driving because my body was too weak to stay attentive and I was doing all I could to keep alert.  I had to call Dan to pick up Trey, because I physically could not get up off my bed or drive safely.  That was such a low for me, I was very depressed and frustrated and didn't understand what was going on with me.  I didn't recognize who I was at all being in this state.  That day I got a call from Destin Thaynes office (he is a bio energetic practitioner) saying they had a cancelation for the next day and I could go in. 
      I did go in, and their body scanner showed that my soooo many things were imbalanced but the major ones that needed to be addressed right now, were my adrenal glands, I have the Epstien Barr Virus (which is very common, but everyone has different levels of it), which wipes out my adrenal glands so they don't produce energy, and my thyroid was pretty low.  The adrenal gland and Thyroid  are crucial for producing energy and processing emotions, so that answered why my body was shutting down, my adrenal glands were functioning at only 7% and the normal is for them to function within 90- 100%.  So, I got some suppliments and they began working after a week and I noticed improvement, not only being able to up and down my stairs, but on good days I could kinda jog up them.  I still needed two hour naps and a full nights sleep, but it was not so hard to take care of the kids.  When I ran out of certain suppliments three weeks later, my body shut down again and i went back to before where all my muscles are too weak to stand and even yell at my kids when they would fight - no energy to yell (crazy).
        I got back on the suppliments, and have had another appt. showing  a little more improvement, but I have to be patient and sensitive to my body's needs and give it more time.  I've had some  good days, but I always do too much cause of the excitement of energy finally, and then be back in bed for another day or two.  Not very many people knew what was going on, but those who did were a tremendous help.  Thank you.  My friend Mandy helped so many times, taking our kids to preshool, babysitting, and making dinners even.  My mom knew I needed help getting ready to visit them in California for Christmas (such a busy time of year anyway)  and she sent money to pay one of my acheivement day girls to come over for two weeks and do my dishes and clean my house so that I wouldn't get too fatigued packing and all.  It amazing, because that was exactly what I needed to recover even faster.  Why is it that Moms always know what is best for their children before we ever figure out that is what we needed?  It felt weird considering her offer to do that for us cause I never want to think that I can't be that self sufficient, and Dan always awesome at keeping stuff up around the house, but that leads to more guilt for me, and I could see Dan was getting very tired doing it all also.  So, such a blessing.
       Being at my parent's house for Christmas was great and I only got fatigued twice, I made sure to get all my sleep in at night and take a nap every day.  This is when my naps got a little shorter in duration which is showing me more improvement!  Yay!  I hope to one day not need a nap most days.  Anyway, my mom is also a Holistic Enery Therapist  that deals with bringing the energy systems and body back into balance and so she helped me tons and I took home a lot of new routines and things learned that are making me feel more energy as well.  So now, finally I feel pretty good most days, definately not back to normal, but I feel 100 times better than I have in the few months and it feels so good to be optomistic.  I have even been able to add this week a 10 minute walk every day, much less than the 50 minutes of high intensity work out I used to do, but I'm glad to be doing even a little.  I have missed excersize so much!  I'm am doing good most of the time now.  I still have to listen to the signals that my body gives me, and take "days off" from doing anything. Unfortunately, today I could not get the energy to go anywhere, too much exhaustion from the holidays I suppose,  and so I didn't feel well enough to spend time with Dan's family like I would have liked to. 
     So if you haven't seen me in a while, this is why, and I miss you and hope to see more of my friends soon!  Don't worry if you didn't know about this, the Lord has sent the people we needed to make sure our needs were met.  I definately have angels in the form of people.

2 comments:

Kimberly Cone said...

Wow. This does not sound like you at all. I am really glad that there was a doctor out there that could identify the issue. You never even think about those things. My heart goes out to you and I hope that you can continue to get better. All my love, Kimberly.

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh, Rachell!! I wish you would have called me!!! I'm so sorry that you've been dealing with this on your own. Please let me know how I can help! I've sure missed you!!