Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkins and more Pumpkins

Very early in October we carved our first pumpkins and they turned out great. The kids loved watching us do it, since they didn't want to get the slimey stuff inside.




Macy had to sit in the hallway and entertain herself while we were carving. Maybe next year she'll be more into Halloween.


Carter wanted, (Or at least Trey wanted for him) to have a happy pumpkin




Trey wanted a scary pumpkin. So Dan did the traditional kid pumpkins for them.





But this was Dan's creative pumpkin, sporting Strong Bad from Homestarrunner.com. He did really good, it looks just like him.





This year I looked on the internet for some simple ideas to copy. I know, I not creative on my own, but I enjoyed making pumpkins that turned out pretty good.


The kids absolutely love pumpkins and have to say "goodbye pumpkins" everytime we leave the house. And everytime we return, it's like a big reunion with shouting for joy for our pumpkins.



These pumpkins lasted a few weeks, however, once they molded we needed to do some more just in time for Halloween. We have been really tired and the second time around was almost like a chore, but it still was fun during the process. On Tuesday, right before Biggest Loser started, Dan whipped out a huge pumpkin and three spaghetti squashes in less than an hour.




So these are what we will have out this year for our trick or treaters.



Again, I found something on the internet to look at and copy and I loved how the bat turned out.



Thanks to my in-laws for the pumpkins/spaghetti squash.

3 comments:

Shayla said...

cool pumpkins! Looks like you guys had fun.

Chelsey Hymas said...

I like the pumpkins! The Spaghetti squash worked good!

Hannah said...

Holy smokes! Those are some AWESOME pumpkins!! How fun!