Despite the whole family getting sick around Halloween time, trick or treating was really fun with the kids. The area where we were living before, only had trunk or treat because it was mostly country and everyone lived so far apart from each other. Since last Halloween, it was a dream of mine to live in a neighborhood where all the kids went door to door trick or treating, just as I remember doing it as a kid. Dan was still feeling sick and opted to stay home and pass out candy(which we only had about four groups come because our house is one of two on our street), but I took all three kids treating for their first time. They had a blast! I thought all that walking would tire them out but they wanted to go to every house they could, and finally after an hour I told them we needed to get home (Mostly cause I thought Dan would be getting worried about us). Carter was a pretty slow walker and he had to keep putting his bucket down to turn on and off his flashlight, but I loved hearing him say, "This fun! This fun!". Macy didn't have a bucket for candy, but there were people who insisted that she have candy. I'd let her suck on the wrapper for a few minutes and then put it inside one of the boys' buckets. Macy was such a good baby, she didn't even make a peep as I carried her around with her brothers.

Macy was an elephant (we bought that costume "used" off of
Ebay and we have used it with all our kids, plus my friend's baby one year. It has really held up) Trey was batman, and Carter was a boxing champion. The only way we could get the boys to put on their costumes was to promise that they would
receive candy by doing so. They didn't get a whole lot of candy like you do at the trunk or treats, but that is probably better for me, so I don't eat a bunch more of their candy. Oh, and I love getting Halloween stuff 50-75% off after Halloween, to have a little more decor next year! As a side note, K-Mart has Thanksgiving stuff already 75% off right now, which I love, cause I had nothing to decorate my home for Thanksgiving. Now I do!
3 comments:
Your guys and gal look so cute. That elephant costume has gotten some good use. I am glad that you go to trick or treat in a neighborhood!
got* I can type I swear
Cool costumes! I'm so glad you guys had such a fun Halloween!!
Post a Comment