Friday, June 5, 2009

The City of Love

No, I don't live in Italy or Paris, France, but I'm so lucky, because I live in the city of love. Rexburg, Idaho. Truly, I have never seen so many couples so in love, hand in hand, blushing, kissing, and flirting, all in one place, as I see every time I do my grocery shopping at Walmart here in Rexburg. I have heard so many dating stories and love advise from friend to friend as I walk up and down those aisles, that I think all we do here in Rexburg is either love or talk about love.
I'm not excluded from this. I fell in love here in Rexburg within the first three months of living here and I wasn't even looking for marriage. And now, three kids later, I have to admit, that I try to hold my husband's hand as often as I can too!
So next time you are at Walmart, count how many hands are being held, how many love stories you here (whether you want to or not) how much flirting is going on, but I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about already! Happy loving.


P.S. Did you know today is national doughnut day? Unfortunately I won't be able to celebrate properly by taking in the calories of a doughnut because I had a Smore and most of a chocolate Hershey's candy bar right after breakfast this morning. That was early. Sometimes I have no limits.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Love this post! I think about this same thing all the time! Im a lovey dovey person (i think it drives D nuts) so I love living in the city of love too!

Chelsey Hymas said...

It is very true! Rexburg is definately the city of love. I too fell in love within the first 3 months of living here!

P.S. I celebrated doughnut day today...I was leaving work and someone came in with 2 huge boxes of doughnuts, so I had one on my way home from work.

The Olligschlager Family said...

I agree! I am still feeling the love from Rexburg:)