Thursday, April 11, 2013

December 2012

It's time to catch up again, so here is what we did last December...Dan and I threw our very first Ugly Sweater Christmas Party!  Everyone brought a $5.00 gift, an appetizer to share and wore their ugliest Christmas sweaters!  We played a few games, ate, exchanged gifts, and talked.  




Dan made this sweater himself with an old stocking and a sweater from D.I.


Marcel and Jeff won the Ugliest Sweater Contest and received official certificates and a Babe Ruth/Big Hunk candy bar!  We were literally laughing our heads off with how awesome their outfits were!

Also, early in December, I got to travel to Utah and meet up with my best friend from childhood!  Whitney lives on the East Coast and we haven't seen each other for 7 years or so!  She was in Utah visiting her in laws and I took a shuttle down to meet her there for less than 24 hours, but so worth it!  When you have these kind of "bosom" friends (remember Anne of Green Gables), it doesn't matter how long you haven't seen each other or talked, you can pick up right where you left off like no time lapsed at all!  It was so good to see her and reconnect!  Her five kids reminded me of my own that I had left at home and this was the first time meeting all of them!


We of course stayed up way too late talking and catching up on each other's lives, just like we used to.  She knew about the miscarriage I had last year and that we were trying to get pregnant again for several months, so naturally she asked if was expecting yet.  I told her no, and that Dan and I had discussed that we were going to now stop trying, and rest up our bodies, get our house in order, and work on being better parents to our current 4 children.  We thought we should let my body rest for another half of a year or so before I get pregnant again.  We talked about many more things and I had to leave the next morning.  While riding on the shuttle, I began to realize even more that I really love to travel and hope to do it more later in life!

Below is our Christmas Eve program pictures that we put on at Grandma and Grandpa Hymas' house.  We had each grandchild participate in some way in the program.  All the grandkids sang Primary Christmas songs with Grandma playing the piano, then Trey played Jingle Bells on the piano.

Cousin Kaden read a Snowman poem and Carter repeated a Santa poem that was written by Dan.


Macy sang and did the sign language with me to, "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas".



Then all the kids reenacted the nativity scene while Aunt Danizza narrated.  Lastly, Grandpa read a touching Christmas story to the family and it was a really lovely evening!

Here are the kids after opening their Christmas Eve present which contained new pjs.  We had a wonderful and exciting Christmas morning and spent more time with Dan's side of the family that day. Another surprise for me was that mother nature had not arrived yet that month and the probability of me being pregnant was very high.  There were no stores open on Christmas so I bought a pregnancy test the day after Christmas and gasped when I actually saw the positive pregnancy test!  We were currently trying to NOT get pregnant, so that's all it takes sometimes!  Of course we were happy since we had tried for a few months prior with no success, but nonetheless, we were very shocked that I was now indeed 5 weeks pregnant.  Later that afternoon Louise, Shayla, Danizza, and I all went to see Les Miserables at the movie theater.  I told Dan that night that I was expecting, and he really didn't believe me at first. I had to show him the test :).


This is an example of a craving I was having, and my husband is so awesome to go to the store if needed, and even prepares it for me in a cool way!  He makes me laugh! I love him so much!  And he has been the best ever this pregnancy going to the store anytime I want something! ( I think it's cause he's happy this will be the last pregnancy) This pregnancy has been different, usually I always craved ice cream, but this time I went through a big fresh salsa or  flamin' hot cheetos phase.


 Here is awesome Dad reading the kids a book on his tablet!  At this point we are starting to feel nervous about having 5 kids, haha, but trust that we can do it somehow!

This month we also received new callings at church, Dan got put in as the 1st Counselor in the Elder's Quorum and I was called as the 2nd Counselor in Primary.  A lot happened this month and we had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

lisa h. said...

very exciting! fun party! hope u r feeling well and I'm sure you'll handle 5 just fine :)

The Olligschlager Family said...

I am 2nd counsler in primary too!!!! Sorry if I already told you that