Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Trey's Kindergarten program photos


This was the kindergarten end of the year program that was mostly patriotic songs, a little square dancing, and fun songs.  I remember that I was beaming watching him perform, I love it!!!  He likes it too!  I also remember as the audience all stood and sang the national anthem it brought so much emotion and I was trying to hold back the tears. 

In first grade Trey was learning the national anthem during music time and came home so excited about the story of it.  He kept saying, "MOM!  there were bombs exploding, and our flag was STILL THERE!"  "I love our country!"  "I can't believe it was still there!  Ha!"  I just thought that was so awesome that he could feel the excitement and patriotism and also reverence from our national anthem at a young age.  It really touched me.

2 comments:

lisa h. said...

Well u know i love this! Very cute.

The Olligschlager Family said...

awe it almost brought tears to my eyes! He is such an awesome kid!