Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas 2010

On Christmas eve morning, after a pancake breakfast, Macy was so excited to take a bath that when Dan turned for a second to talk to Trey, Macy decided to make her way in and start soaping up.
 That afternoon we spent time with Dan's family at Devry and Chelsey's house, playing with cousins, eating Chinese food, and playing games!  We had a really good time!




 The younger kids couldn't get enough of their newest cousin, baby Alexa, and were smothering her with attention!


After dinner and games, the kids decorated cookies for Santa.  I think Santa really liked them since there were only crumbs left on Christmas morning!  We instructed the kids to wake us up no earlier than six in the morning, however, by five o'clock we had little peepers sneaking out of their rooms to see what Santa brought.  Macy and I were still trying to sleep, so Dan tried to tell the boys it wasn't time yet, but they were too excited that Dan couldn't bare to send them back to bed crying. 
 Oh yeah, the kids opened these pj's up on Christmas eve.  I love that tradition cause then the kids always look cute for pics the next morning.  It was a special Christmas that we enjoyed very much.  Without planning it out, it heavily focused on Toy Story 3 as they received toy story pj's, Woody action figures, Jessie doll (for Macy) the movie, and coloring book!  They loved everything else they received too including...
 ................
 .........
the bunk bed delivery from Santa.  Just in time to move the boys into the downstairs bedroom, Macy into their old bedroom, and fix up the nursery for our new addition here in couple months.

Needless to say, I went back to bed after gift opening so early and later that day we enjoyed more time with Dan's family at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  What a fun time we had!!!

3 comments:

The Olligschlager Family said...

That sounds awesome! I love the PJs! They looked great:)

Hannah said...

It's so fun to see what's going on with you guys. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that does catch-up days on the blog!

Hey, could you email me that picture of our girls night? I hope you've been feeling well. Sure miss you!

The Olligschlager Family said...

Is Kaylee Rose the baby name?